FOX Weather a new 24/7 streaming platform from FOX News has launched today (Oct 25). The new service will combine the structure of FOX News and its weather team to provide around-the-clock coverage of weather events and related news.
The channel will be available through the website FOXweather.com, third-party services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, and more through FOX NOW. Along with a dedicated mobile app that will include breaking weather alerts tailored to the user’s location.
Fox Weather also features appearances from meteorologists from various Fox affiliates across the United States.
FOX Weather is ad-supported
What viewers can expect from FOX Weather
· 3D MOBILE RADAR – Utilizing multiple radar systems, including an immersive mobile 3D radar – FOX Weather will have exclusive access to cutting edge technology allowing the audience to drill down on current and developing weather patterns.
FOX FUTUREVIEW PLANNER – The FOX Weather App will allow users to plan multiple trips or other events up to a year ahead of time and receive alerts on changes in weather forecasting for the important day
LIVE STREAMING COVERAGE – Users can watch live streaming coverage 24/7 through the app free of cost at any time. Our broadcast will be live on the app along with up to the minute weather information which is unique to FOX Weather.
ALERTS – FOX Weather uses the cutting-edge technology to make sure users are informed during major weather events – along with featuring the most advanced alert system surrounding 42 different weather elements that could be harmful to persons or property.
FOX WEATHER WIRE – Exclusive news service for the FOX footprint, delivering up to the minute weather news reporting to further enhance weather coverage. It runs across the apps and website and when active, is constantly updated with new, bite-sized bits of information.
WEATHER COMMAND – Headquartered in NYC, the service will also feature a state-of-the-art Weather Command Center – which is a dedicated area on set where meteorologists will be able to showcase detailed weather conditions and provide up-to-the-minute accuracy for any extreme weather event, featuring:
· Weather Command can allow our producers on set to monitor all 32 weather graphic systems, radar maps, and multiple live cameras from across the country
· The ribbon monitors can display 7 data widgets consisting of live weather data and radar maps. The Ribbon can also display weather alert branding that takes over all seven displays.
· This touchscreen can dock into the set but can also move around the studio. The monitor can rotate landscape and portrait to tell two different types of stories.
· The touchscreen will run custom applications to feature the FOX Weather app, showcasing the 3D mobile radar and FOX FutureView.