The ongoing Writers Guild of America (WGA) strike has resulted in the suspension of writing work for various TV series, including renowned Disney productions and popular late-night shows. This situation has led to anticipated delays and production shutdowns for many series.
Notable shows impacted by the WGA strike comprise:
- BUNK’D (Disney): Filming of Season 7 suspended.
- EVIL: Shutdown of Season 4 production.
- Severance: Production of Apple TV+ drama series paused.
- Cobra Kai: Writers room for Season 6 shut down.
- Yellowjackets: Work on Showtime drama halted.
- Stranger Things: Delay in production of final season.
- A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight: Closure of Game of Thrones prequel writers room.
- Loot: Pause in production of Season 2.
- Hacks: Halt in filming of Season 3.
- Unstable: Shutdown of Season 2 production.
- Night Court: Expected to go dark temporarily.
- Power Book III: Raising Kanan: Writers room closed.
In addition, late-night talk shows such as The Late Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Tonight Show, and Late Night have gone dark and are airing reruns for the time being. Saturday Night Live has also shut down production and will air repeats.
The WGA strike focuses on demanding better working conditions for writers within the industry, emphasizing the importance of sustainable careers. Keep track of the ongoing effects of the strike on your preferred shows and stay updated with the latest developments in the entertainment world.