Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


UFC Acquires WWE in Monumental Sports Entertainment Deal

NOTE: This article is 2 months old and may not include the most recent information.

Endeavor Group Holdings and WWE have unveiled plans to merge their renowned sports and entertainment brands, UFC and WWE, into a new company. Endeavor will hold a 51% controlling interest in the new entity, with existing WWE shareholders owning the remaining 49%.

The newly formed company will be led by Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel as CEO and WWE executive chairman Vince McMahon as executive chairman. Mark Shapiro will assume the role of president and chief operating officer for both Endeavor and the new company, while Dana White and Nick Khan will continue in their respective roles as president of UFC and WWE.

The merger is set to close in the second half of the year, uniting two global sports and entertainment powerhouses with combined revenue of $2.4 billion and a 10% annual growth rate since 2019. The deal is expected to generate $50 million to $100 million in annual operating synergies by following a similar integration model as UFC’s earlier acquisition.

The new company will leverage Endeavor’s sports and media infrastructure, including the WME talent agency, to grow its profitability through increased sponsorship licensing and premium hospitality revenues.

Endeavor and the new entity will also focus on expanding domestic and international media rights for UFC and WWE, with renewals on the horizon for both brands. The combined company will look to create more content, increase the number of live events, and explore unique direct-to-consumer opportunities.

“This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring together two leading pureplay sports and entertainment companies that operate in the most attractive parts of the media ecosystem,” Emanuel said. He added that the transaction is a natural evolution of Endeavor’s strategy and a compelling opportunity to grow their global business.

McMahon, who returned to WWE earlier this year, expressed confidence in the merger, highlighting the potential for maximizing media rights value, enhancing sponsorship monetization, developing new content, and pursuing strategic mergers and acquisitions to further strengthen the new company’s brand portfolio.

Written By

I've been covering the entertainment industry, from tv to movies to music, independently under the Trevor Decker News banner since 2015.



This year’s Adjacent Music Festival in New Jersey resonated with more than just melodies. Hayley Williams, the charismatic lead vocalist of rock band Paramore,...


In today’s age, music does more than just entertain—it offers a platform for impactful socio-political discourse. A prime example is New Jersey’s own Ryan...


Paramount+’s series ‘Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies’ has been a major hit with audiences around the globe. A key part of its popularity...


In the ongoing battle for streaming supremacy, a recent Twitter exchange between Prime Video and Netflix has caught the attention of millions. Prime Video,...


In a recent promotional video for titled “Perfect 10 with Christina Ricci,” the celebrated actress journeys through her most memorable hotel stays, even...


Fan favorite Mckenna Grace, who has won our hearts with her stellar performances in Hollywood blockbusters like Ghostbusters Afterlife and her Emmy-nominated role in...


Ah, the 1990s. A golden era for animation and, more specifically, for the animated musical. An era that churned out a dazzling array of...


The upcoming Broadway revival of the beloved musical “The Wiz” has announced its initial casting. The trio of stars includes Kyle Ramar Freeman as...


The new live-action Little Mermaid has made some changes to the lyrics of the iconic song “Kiss the Girl.” In the original animated film,...


Disney’s latest live-action remake, “The Little Mermaid,” made waves at the box office this weekend, raking in an estimated $95.5 million during its first...


You cannot copy content of this page